Cauliflower is the one of the most popular cruciferous family vegetable which also include broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and kale. It is used as raw, steamed, boiled, cooking and as a salad form. It is white in color, but sometimes it may be light green, yellow, orange and purple. Cauliflower is the excellent source of allicin, manganese, fiber, vitamin K and vitamin B. Due to the full of all these antioxidants and flavonoids, they provided amazing health benefits for your body. So check out the reason to add it in your daily diet as follows:
- It contains carotenoids (beta cartoene) and phytonutrients like kaempferol, sulforaphane, quercetin, rutin, ferulic acid, cinnamic acid and caffeic acid helps to prevent from free radical damages, oxidative stress, thus provides cardiovascular diseases and prostate, breast, cervical, colon, ovarian cancer.
- It is rich in dietary fiber and glucoraphin, which is necessary for optimal digestion, It helps the intestines to smoothly move the things through it and protect against stomach diseases like ulcer and promotes good digestion.
- It contains high value of vitamin K and omega 3 fatty acids, which helps to reduce inflammation. The presence of vitamin C helps to reduce the wheezing caused by asthma.
- It contains allicin and selenium, which helps to prevent from heart attack, strokes, strengthen the immune system and promotes healthy cholesterol.
- Cauliflower is low in calories, sodium and full of potassium, which helps to reduce high blood pressure, maintain normal heart beat rate and protect from hypertension.
- Cauliflower contains glucosinolates, which helps the body for detoxification system.
- It also contains folic acid and vitamin B, which helps to prevent birth defect like neural tube defects and promotes healthy pregnancy.
- It is the best food for weight losers because of low in calories and contains no cholesterol.
In brief cauliflower is the other best vegetable for your health which provided above said health benefits. It has many other health benefits like DNA repair and protection, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s prevention, epileptic seizures protection, prevention of alopecia (spot baldness) and much more. If you more health benefits of cauliflower, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.